Velcro stock buyback proposed

Velcro Industries NV is offering to buy back all of its remaining stock for $21 per share, the company announced Thursday. About 95 percent of the company is owned by Cohere Limited, which instituted proceedings last September in the Netherlands Antilles, where the company is headquartered, to acquire the remaining 5 percent for the same price.

Velcro Industries owns Manchester, N.H.-based Velcro USA, which employs 500 people in New Hampshire.

Velcro Industries argues that the buyback offer will save shareholders the transaction cost and result in timelier payout. The stock hasn’t traded for $21 a share all year, jumping to that price only after the tender offer was announced.

But some shareholders are holding out for more, hoping that the Court of First Instance in Curacao (one of the Antilles islands) would require a higher price for the forced sale.

Those who take the tender offer won’t be able later on to claim the price set by the court, according to the release.

The Velcro board approved the sale, but does not make any recommendations on the offer, which expires Feb. 10.

(Source: New Hampshire Business Review)

9 January, 2009

Wijziging dienstverlening Gerecht in eerste aanleg Bonaire vanwege Coronamaatregelen van 21 t/m 30 september

KRALENDIJK – Om de verspreiding van het coronavirus Covid-19 tegen te gaan heeft het Gerecht in eerste aanleg Bonaire een aantal maatregelen genomen. Deze maatregelen gelden voorlopig vanaf vandaag, 21 september, tot en met 30 september 2020.

Politie neemt gevaarlijke honden in beslag

WILLEMSTAD - Heden heeft het HIT-team van de politie op last van de officier van justitie van het Openbaar Ministerie twee gevaarlijke honden in beslaggenomen. Dit naar aanleiding van een bijtincident dat deze zomer plaatsvond bij Koredor.

Openbaar Ministerie schikt met geldtransactiekantoren

De officier van justitie van het Parket Procureur-Generaal van Curaçao, Sint Maarten en Bonaire, Sint Eustatius en Saba (“OM”) heeft een tweetal geldtransactiekantoren op Sint Maarten – Popular Express en Money Express - een transactie aangeboden ter voorkoming van verdere strafrechtelijke vervolging.